employees report that their workplace stress affects their mental health.
of employees find it difficult to concentrate because of their work environment.
employees feel that their employer does not provide a safe environment for employees who live with mental illness.
Help your team achieve Workplace Wellness!
Create healthy workplace environments and positive workplace culture to increase overall team mental health wellness, productivity, and team cohesion.
This in-person event will help you build the following skills:
- Learn the connections of mental health to organizational culture
- Understand how to manage teams with mental health in mind
- Learn a common language to discuss culture
- Understand the differences between culture, the climate that creates culture, and use change for the better to transition culture for improved mental health
- Get a quick snapshot of your organization’s current culture and how its elements create a constructive mental health environment
- Understand how an organization’s contemporary culture either mitigates or creates mental health problems inside the organization
- Create ideas to take back to your organization to improve its conditions for constructive mental health
Bonnie Cook, Executive Director of MHA of Greater Dallas, and Bill Bancroft, Managing Principal of Conbrio, will lead the workshop. Conbrio Consulting specializes in organizational culture assessment and change.
The 2021 Mind the Workplace report is out now!
Are you looking for new and innovative ways to bring mental health into the workplace?
Not sure how to start the conversation? Let us help you!
MHA of Greater Dallas in partnership with MHA National created a comprehensive guide to implement mental health into the workplace. Now more than ever, mental health is at the forefront of community priorities. Our nation has been rocked by crisis and these stressors translate into the workplace. Your workplace mental health matters.
The Workplace Mental Health Employee Support Guide aids leaders, employees, human resource professionals and mental health advocates in any organization!
Mental Health America Bell Seal
MHA is proud to introduce the Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, a certification program that recognizes employers who are committed to creating mentally healthy workplaces.
The Bell Seal considers both the 1 in 5 employees who will experience a mental health condition each year and the 5 in 5 employees who benefit from a worker-friendly, highly productive, and psychologically safe workplace.
Through the certification process, employers will have the opportunity to discuss the relationship between mental health and the following goals:
- Attract potential employees and increase retention;
- Improve employee engagement and productivity;
- Reduce health care costs and lost revenue due to poor workplace mental health;
- Address concerns with presenteeism and absenteeism;
- Reduce the rate of employee turnover; and
- Identify gaps and learn about resources to support employee mental health.