Challenging the Myths of Mental Illness & Violence Conference
November 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
November Conference: Challenging the Myth of Mental Illness and Violence
The purpose of this conference is to discuss the myths and facts regarding mental illness and violence. Through this conference, we will cover
- Media bias
- Solutions regarding school violence (i.e. is the problem guns or is it mental health?)
- Responsible gun ownership (i.e. what do gun owners think of mental illness?)
- Red flag laws and other interventions – do they work?
- Academic Research Expert will present actual data regarding mental illness and violence
- Preventative strategies like the WHO program to address bullying, building resiliency,
Let’s take the fear factor out of mental illness. Let’s get real with the data.
Join us for a full day of presentations, conversations, panel discussions, and exhibitors, as we challenge the myths surrounding the connection between violence and mental health.
Speakers will include mental health advocates, first responders, law enforcement personnel, healthcare providers, academic researchers, and legal experts
**Early bird pricing available through September 30th